Animal health department was established in Tel Al-Amara station since 2012. The main activities are analyzing and inspecting samples from quarantine, veterinary clinics and farms in the Bekaa region. In addition, the working staff is coordinating and cooperating with international laboratories and organizations for working on a permanent update of information related to animal health.
- Protect animal health through surveillance, field and laboratory testing.
- Protect public and human health from common diseases (zoonotic).
- Develop technical capacities, protect livestock and raise their productivity.
- Eng. Ghada Salameh - Head of Department (email@example.com)
- Eng. Samer El Murr
- Ms. Tahani Zein Eddine
These activities are aimed to protect ruminants and poultry from diseases that affect productivity in order to improve marketing capacity.
- Review the general health status of broiler and laying farms.
- Laboratory testing of poultry diseases by ELISA (Newcastle, Bronchitis, Gumboro)
- Carrying out a field survey of diseases in the herds of sheep, goats and poultry farms (Johne‘s disease and Brucella in ruminants and Newcastle diseases in poultry).
- Implementation of research work in the poultry farm in Terbol station.
- Receiving students from agricultural technical colleges and institutes.